So, early today we started this task. All these testers have good old fashioned serial ports on them, the PC does not. Easy enough, we got a USB to Serial cable to deal with that issue. Put where is it... A search later and we can't find it, so we see if we can borrow one of one of the other technicians (there are a few on some of the sports equipment for measuring stuff). Of course - all the biology technicians are out and we can't find the one. The room we know has a couple on some equipment is our next stop... That has a lecture going on so thats a no-no either.
At this point, I think the head technician decided he wasn't going to be beaten - we get in his car and drive to a store (Curry's) - they don't have one but suggest two others. Those two are near each other so we drive to the other side of Derby and try both - neither had one. We then park in Derby and walk to the Maplin and thankfully find one there.
After returning back to work and having a short break,
So, a task that should have taken about 30 minutes took the best part of 3 hours. I have a meeting this afternoon so I doubt I'll get much else done today.
These things are sent to try us - at least I won't be doing this next year (hopefully).